The Swindon Winter Image Bonsai Show 2012 has fast become a high point in the UK bonsai calendar. 2012 will go down as a milestone in UK bonsai excellence as the quality of display, excellence of trees and enthusiasm of the host club was truly superb. AND it was busy, I do not know the actually numbers through the door but there were a LOT of people at the show… it was also a great meet up of may of ‘the guys’ (and girls) from the UK Bonsai Scene… definitely THE place to be.
I was particularly pleased to have a compliment from Nobu Kaiwara about my cascade Prunus Spinosa, he considered it his favourite tree in the show, in particular its ‘natural’ styling and aged character… nice 🙂
Scroll to bottom for Video
Over 100 trees were display in all their winter glory and 11 prizes handed out at the end of the event.
- Best Shohin display was by Mark & Ritta Cooper
- Best Mame display was by Bob Bailey
- Best Conifer was the Chinese Juniper that was owned by Martin Shepherd
- Best Deciduous tree was the Trident Maple by Mark Cooper
- Best Chuhin was the Elm of Will Baddeley
- Best Visiting Society was the Artistic Bonsai Circle
- Best Accent sponsored by John Trott was by Ian Warhurst from Wirral Bonsai Society
- Best in Show was the Trident Maple of Mark Cooper
- Best Tree/Pot combination was the Pyracantha by Mark Cooper
- Best individual Shohin award from the British Shohin Association went to Paul Hunt of Swindon & District Bonsai Society
- Special Merit award was given to Wirral Bonsai Society
For a photo record of the winners take a look at Swindon & District Bonsai Blog